I kinda sorta had a lot of fun with last Tuesday’s random list of a post — so I think I’m going to do it again.
How exciting for you!
1. A softer edge. WordPress has changed their favicons (the image that shows up with the URL in the address bar). Instead of being just squares, they now have rounded corners. Interesting…but what does it mean?
2. Quack. Greg turned on Duck Dynasty for the first time the other night, and proceeded to watch back-to-back episodes, and then even recorded one. I caught a few minutes of it in between my busy workings on my laptop, and actually chuckled quite a bit. And by a bit, I mean a lot. Who are we??
3. Rainy Days and Mondays. It has rained the last three Mondays in a row. Considering Monday is one of my run-outside-alone days, this has (literally) put a damper on my progress. Looks like I’ll be heading to our clubhouse with Paxton and attempt an elliptical workout that will be interrupted every 5 minutes. “Mommy! Have you seen my Gravedigger monster truck?” “Sure…buddy…be…right…there,” she huffs and puffs while pausing the machine yet. again. Maybe this can be considered interval training?
4. Hilarity. We had good friends in town this weekend, and I highly recommend laughing until you cry. It’s good for the soul. What I don’t recommend is both you and your husband getting sick while said friends are in town. That’s bad for the football-watching party.
5. Boots. It’s a disease. Can’t. stop. looking.
6. Bleach. I accidentally got a red shirt mixed in with a load of whites and guess who has pink t-shirts? Greg. I doused them all in bleach and re-washed them, but I won’t know for another hour how that turned out. Even one of mine got pink’d, so it honestly wasn’t malicious. Just a rookie mistake. (See? I really need hired help around here.)
7. Nails. I bought new nail polish yesterday — one is a black and gun-metal sparkle mix. I really like it in the bottle but haven’t used it yet, because at second glance, I’m beginning to think maybe it looks more like a dirty ashtray.
8. Put a lid on it. Day three of sporting some sort of a cap. I heart you fall.
9. Confession. I sort of snapped at Jaana this morning at the exact moment she was exiting the car to walk into school. It wasn’t a huge thing, but I drove away feeling horrible. I detest starting mornings like that, yet it just always seems to happen. It was this feeling that finally forced me to sign up for Lysa TerKeurst’s No More Unglued Mama Mornings 5-Day Challenge. (Big sigh.)
10. Wetting my palate. Have you ever noticed the more water you drink, the thirstier you are?
Enough of the random. Time for me to wake up the little man and go pick up Jaana for school and do something fun to make up for my unglued morning.
Share some of your randomness with me — it’s only fair!