It’s been heavy lately. Really heavy. First my unofficial sabbatical, then the sick that’s lingered around me for 8+ days now, and then the cancellation of one of my most favorite shows ever, Happy Endings.
(I knew the move-to-Friday was a nail in the coffin, but prayed an eclectic group of hipsters that wear non-prescription black-framed glasses and skinny jeans would discover it on the Friday night death slot and resurrect it.)
(Because evidently, two close-to-middle-aged parents who go to bed at 10 pm couldn’t help.)
(The memorial service was Saturday.)
It’s bringin’ me down, man. Time to fight the power and lighten things up a bit. (I’m not sure which power, but I’ll find one. And then I’ll fight it. To the death!)
Here are a random collection of thoughts in no particular order:
- School is out in precisely 15 days.
- I need a new swimsuit and am in no mood to go shopping for one.
- I’m completely addicted to afternoon iced coffees right now, and have spent approximately $147 on them in the past two weeks.
- I’ve been sick, and so I consider this my little treat to feel better…the iced coffee.
- I watched the Rock ‘n Roll Hall of Fame inductions the other day, and have a few thoughts: still not a huge Rush fan; Donna Summer’s daughters are gorgeous; Flava Flave…still crazy after all these years; and those musicians…they sure like to use the swear words.
- I’m currently reading Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling and dying laughing out loud all by myself.
- I would like to now be BFF’s with Mindy, and get together and talk about Waiting for Guffman while drinking (let’s all say it…) ICED COFFEE.
- Let’s be clear: when I say I went “running,” I’m using the term very loosely. A more correct definition of what I do would be “wogging,” but it doesn’t sound nearly as cool or give you the mental image of me traipsing like a gazelle through mountain trails. Especially when I wog on roads, not trails.
- My daughter has informed me, approximately 14,700 times in the past eight days, that all my coughing is really annoying.
- I bet Mindy is a HUGE fan of Happy Endings.
What’s going on with you? Any random thoughts to share so we can laugh
at with you?