I consider you all friends. Is this okay?
Because as friends, I think it’s important that we share all the
crazy quirky things that make us who we are. I saw this post idea over at Little Miss Momma and thought it was awesome. So I’m totally copycatting. The only caveat to this is that if you’re going to read you simply have to share. Don’t leave me to hang all my crazy quirky out there to dry alone.
Things my BFFs should know:
- I crack myself up all the time. And most of the time, I’m the only one I crack up.
- If I see Golden Girls is on TV I will stop everything and watch. Dishes drop out of my hands and food burns on the stove. For real.
- You will consistently find half-drank (drinken? drunk?) cans, bottles and cups of mine around the house. Drives Greg insane.
- I used to make my little brother try do the Dirty Dancing lift with me, but we never quite got it right.
- There’s a soft spot in my heart for Bell Biv DeVoe and all other 90s hip-hop rap groups.
- I can help you rationalize and justify any decision you’re trying to make.
- In high school I wanted to spell my name “Monikkah” until a friend loudly sounded it out phonetically making fun of me.
- In my mind I dance like a Fly Girl.
- In my mind I sing Adele.
- In my mind I might be a little bit cray-cray.
- I cannot be productive at all if I don’t have shoes on.
- I hate being barefoot.
- Lakes gross me out to swim in, but boating is fine.
- If my husband wouldn’t make fun of me for it, I’d still wear nose plugs in the pool.
- I’d tell you all about my procrastination issues, but let’s wait until tomorrow.
- See number 1.
- I really am so very introverted which makes me a tad antisocial. Big gatherings and parties totally stress me out. I’m afraid my introverted-ness comes across as snobby at times because I tend to hang along the wall or glom on to one person like a leech. But it’s really just because I’m pretty insecure and totally uncomfortable. Like totally.
- I practically ran down the aisle at my wedding because as soon as I entered the chapel I saw everyone staring at me and I freaked out. I figured the sooner I got to the pastor, the sooner I didn’t have to see people watching me.
- See number 10.
- I need alone time like some people need air.
- Whenever I see the clock says 12:34 I say “make a wish!” even if I’m alone.
- I am very methodical about my grocery shopping and always start and end in the same exact way.
- I am very haphazard about my meal planning and am always scrambling to figure out what we’re eating come 5:30 pm.
- Nothing would be better than an 8 x 10 of Will Ferrell’s face on my desk so I can laugh on command when necessary.
- I never, ever, ever eat seafood. Not a single bit of it. Grosses me out. This is why they kicked out of Washington State.