Thoughts for today, in no particular order of unimportance:
1. I’m sick of the sick. Jaana had a stomach bug and then Paxton got a cold and cough. Then he caught the stomach bug and I thought it was over, then he threw up again 36 hours afterwards. Now Greg has a chest cold and if I were you, I’d buy up a bunch of Lysol stock because their sales have tripled over the last week, at least at my local grocery store.
I’m just praying, praying I don’t catch anything because if Mama goes down, everyone goes down. I’ll have to summons up Gamma to these mountains for reinforcement.
2. Why is it that every single afternoon around 12, I find myself desperately wanting a cup of coffee, but never actually stop to make one? And then next thing I know it’s after 4 and now it’s too late to have coffee because I don’t want to be up all night long because I love to sleep? Why don’t I just make the stinking coffee??
3. I spent all day yesterday being entirely too productive for a Monday. I washed all the bedding in the house, plus an additional couple of loads. I cleaned out the kids rooms and playroom, which equaled a large bag of trash, PLUS an entire carload of toys to donate. The clean should last approximately 47.3 minutes.
4. I’m going to the SEC championship game on Saturday night, and am therefore trying to find an outfit that is red and black, and also equal parts comfortable and cute. Which is a lot more difficult than you might imagine.
5. I want to do a Bible Study, a personal one, but just can’t figure out where to start. Ideas??
6. Guess what I just did? Right this second? Made myself a cup of coffee.
7. We spent Thanksgiving in The Big City and if I spend more than two days there I really miss the laid-back-chillness of the mountains. But what I did love was driving over 40 mph and on straight roads.
8. I made mashed potatoes and a gluten-free pecan pies for the Thanksgiving Extravaganza of 2012. But my mother-in-law doesn’t have a rolling pin or a potato peeler. So I had to go all old-school-like and peel potatoes with a knife and roll out the pie crust with a water bottle. (Guess what Gamma’s getting in her stocking this year?)
9. Can we revisit #8 for a second and just meditate on the fact that I actually made something that required rolling of the crust?
10. “Throw the words ‘Salted Caramel’ onto anything and I’ll take it,” she sighs as she sips her freshly-made coffee sweetened with Salted Caramel Mocha creamer.
What’s new with you?
Hope and pray your household gets well really soon. We have been through the cold stuff and now on to first tooth bursting through and with it crying and fussiness.
Still hoping we will be part of a visit to Big City someday before Skylar starts school :)
I can’t say it enough; I heart you. So good to see you in The Big City and praying the sickness stays away from the Mama. Jealous that you’ll be at the game, but we’ll be cheering from our couch, wearing our black and red. We’ve been driving more than 40mph on straight roads all week with our GA flags on the windows.
Girl, you bring such a huge smile to my face. :) Cheering extra loud at the game for ya!
Separated at birth. How many times can I write it? ;)
1) Was it noon when you wrote this (and made your cup of coffee? Because, I’ve so been there and also not done that. Then am wishing really hard I had at 4:03.
2) Roll Tide!!!!!
3) I really want to do the new Kelly Mintner study on Nehemiah because, well, it’s been on my mind loads lately.
and 4) Talenti Gelato – Sea Salted Caramel The End.
Oh my gosh, I’m with you. I was just interrupted from cleaning up 3 day old vomit from a carseat to clean up fresh vomit. Husband is in bed – he told me he pulled a pec muscle last night he was vomiting so violently. Lord, keep these mamas safe!
Wanted to recommend a book for bible study too. We’ve been going through “Through His Eyes: God’s Perspective on Women in the Bible” by Jerram Barrs, and it is SO good. Barrs is a professor at Covenant Seminary, where my husband went to seminary. Check it out!
Kristi, praying for your family too! It’s like a super virus going around or something! Thanks for the book recommendation, too…totally checking that out. :)