I’ve succumbed to the sickness. I fought the good fight and tried to power through it, but the sore throat has now moved into a chest cough and I now sound like I smoke a pack of menthols every few hours. So sexy. Maybe I should change my voice mail greeting? Or maybe I’ll have that gritty-soulful sound at choir tomorrow night. That would be fun.
1. Flatbread. This stuff rocks. And my new go-to breakfast is a fried egg sandwich with provolone and turkey on toasted flatbread. Deeee-lish.
2. Boots. I got some really good news last week and was able to talk Greg into celebrating with a new pair of boots for me. Finally! They’re no Fryes, but I love them nonetheless. Now I can stop obsessing. (Until next fall, natch.)
3. Up All Night. I love, love, love, love this show. Love. Did I say love? ‘Cuz I love it.
4. Come out, come out wherever you are. What ever happened to the Real Housewives of Washington, D.C.? And I really would love to see a Real Housewives of Dallas. And Fargo, ‘cuz I’d love to see the Prada version of ski masks and to-your-ankles down coats.
5. Boohaha. Have you seen these pictures of people freaking out in a haunted house? If you’re experiencing a lull today, or feeling a little down, just check it out. A guaranteed laugh.
6. Curl up and die. We had our annual fall family photos this weekend, which meant it was also the annual “why can’t I stay consistent with working out” self-flagellation. I loved my nail polish and my new boots, so at least there’s that.
I thought it would be fun to do something new with my stick-straight hair, so I decided to curl it. So I hair sprayed, then curled, then hair sprayed again. After 10 minutes the curl fell out, so I started over. Spray a section, curl it, spray the section while on the curling iron, repeat around my whole head. After another 10 minutes, the curl fell out again, and I repeated this process no less than four times. And by the time we arrived to the photos, it was pretty stick-straight again. The five actual minutes that the curl held, my hair totally rocked and made me consider for a brief second getting a spiral perm. But I couldn’t find anyone willing to do it.
7. You know you’re sick when…you pick up a bottle of Dr. Pepper from the grocery and you never, ever drink Dr. Pepper.
8. All write. Jaana’s class is doing pen-pals with other kids in another state, and she found out yesterday hers is a boy named Lloyd. (?!?)
9. If you like it then you’d better put a coat on it. I’ve been working on painting Jaana’s headboard and footboard for about two weeks. And I’m only done with one side of each. I am an awesome procrastinator.
10. Midas touch. My nails are gold right now. Greg hates it but I think it’s fun. But I’ll probably take it all off and redo it a deep wine color tomorrow. ’Cuz I’m crazy like that.
Gotta run, time for a menthol break. Peace!
I love the Flatout bread, especially the one you pictured:Rosemary and olive oil. I fold it, put it upside down, and stick both ends into both sides of the toaster without separating. While toasting, I heat ham and swiss, roast beef and provolone, or turkey and cheddar or muenster for 30 seconds in the microwave. Put it on your Flatout, then add a big slice of tomato or avocado slices. Chipotle mayonnaise adds a nice flare without too much heat. This is a delicious lunch when I come home from working out. My daughter likes the grain one toasted with bananas and peanut butter.
Hey, what’s wrong with Dr. Pepper? I like a Dr. Pepper every once and awhile. :) I am right there with you on the stick straight hair. It is so frustrating! I would so get a perm too if I could find someone. You know I love my Real Housewives fix. Where are the DC girls? Thanks for the tip on the flatbread. I will check it out.
If we EVER move out of New England, I’m begging for a move to your neck of the woods! I heart you. I just painted my toes a wine color. :) And NO self-flagellation, please. You are running some. You are writing lots. Those two things count for a lot. (And the wifey thing and mama thing – there’s that, too.) Picture of the boots pretty please? And… have to ask… Dr. Pepper? You sure you’re just “sick”? ;)
Ahhhh….if you ever move to this neck of the woods, it would so make my year!! Thanks for the encouragement. And yes, I’m WAY, WAY BEYOND POSITIVE it’s just sick! :)