I have no business writing this afternoon. I’m totally discombobulated.
As I’ve mentioned before, I’m quite a fan of the 99-cent Kindle book. And I’ve found an author that writes cute stories and they’re all a dollar. I started a new one at 10 o’clock last night, thinking my love of sleep would lure me away around 11.
Lo and behold, at 2 am, I shut off the Kindle completely satisfied with the ending of the book.
Yep, I read an entire book in four hours.
And so I turned off the light and waited for my sweet love to arrive (sleep, not Greg)…and sometime around 3 it did.
And then at approximately 6:32 am, Paxton starts babbling on the monitor.
Three-and-a-half hours of sleep.
Who am I??
But I have no one to blame but myself.
My thankfuls this week:
1. Rehearsal. Jaana has an upcoming production, and last Friday was a special rehearsal. Since Greg’s home on Fridays, he stayed home with Paxton while I drove Jaana and her friend to practice off the mountain. It’s located next to a Wal-Mart and a nail salon, conveniently, so I took advantage of my situation and hit them both up. It’s amazing what I can accomplish in an hour and a half when I really put my mind to it.
2. Advil PM. ‘Cuz…wow.
3. MP3 Auxiliary. We traded in our car for a different one about a month ago, and since it’s a 2007, it comes with an MP3 Auxiliary plug-in. You have no idea how wonderful this is unless you’ve listened to your iPod via a static-y radio station that comes in and out depending on your location on the mountain.
4. Date Mornings. Greg and I are trying to take advantage of Paxton being in Mother’s Morning Out on Thursdays (and Jaana already in school), and have made the last few of them date times. Today, we had breakfast and then bought a puppy! How’s that for fun? (Well, really, we helped Santa pick out a puppy that the kids don’t know about and won’t get until Christmas. You’ll help us keep that secret, yes?) (If not, I’ll hunt you down.)
5. I Spy Nintendo DS Game. I’m not ashamed to admit it – I’m addicted to this game of Jaana’s. And I’ve been playing it on her hot pink DS while she’s at school.
6. Orville Redenbacher’s Natural Lime and Salt Popcorn.
7. Iced Drinks. It makes no sense, but I generally don’t make sense, so this should be nothing new. But in the winter time I really love cold things like ice cream and iced drinks. And I’ve recently rediscovered just how delicious an iced mocha is…especially now that you can get them sugar-free. And considering the night I’ve had, I need one NOW.
8. Progress. I’m not where I want to be, but I’m not where I was. Thank God.
9. Home for Christmas. Our own home! Our first Christmas in our own home after two years. It’s been such a joy to decorate and get a live tree and do all our Christmasy things in our own place. I haven’t taken a single minute of it for granted. And to wake up Christmas morning…just our little family in our little place…opening gifts and eating breakfast and being together…it’s going to be extra special for me this year. I’m a bit sappy about it.
10. My Handy Man. Really, I am so thankful that Greg is handy around the house. Last week he fixed the dryer, hung Christmas lights outside and in general can pretty much do most “manly” things around the house. And he can make a pretty good bed and sweep a floor mighty fine. I’m a lucky lady.
Your turn! Let me know what your thankful for this week and share the love. Leave a comment below or link up with Candra. It’ll make you feel better than a good night’s sleep. (Maybe. No guarantees.)