Before we begin, let me apologize for the tardiness in getting this normal Monday post up. I do have a good reason…I was without a computer until late last night. Yes, I could have posted then…but I wanted this post to be reasonably coherent (not that it will any better now…I’ve only had one cup of coffee!).
It seems this is also the post of ellipses.
I’ve mentioned once or a hundred times how this is an extremely busy time for me right now…not complaining, but it’s way busier than usual. I’m trying to not be overcome with overwhelmingness (is that a word?), but at times have succumbed to the lure of the pout. This morning, I received the following devotional Word and let out a deep breath and said, “thank you, Lord.” Maybe this will help you today as well:
I don’t know about you…but I. needed. that.
Again with the ellipses.
Now enough about me. Don’t you love how I dedicate Mondays to praying for other people, yet lead off with my own ridiculocity? Me too.
3) C is struggling with addiction and is at risk of losing her children – pray for a Damascus Road experience for her and complete healing and recovery
3) Focus, direction and wisdom for decisions B has to make
4) M’s perspective is continuing to change regarding a work situation, pray her emotions don’t overshadow reality
5) That L would begin to really understand and embrace how much God loves her; that her security would be found in Christ alone
6) M has begun fertility treatments in hopes of conceiving soon and quickly
7) M, who is 39, is having open-heart surgery next week to put in a pig valve. This is to replace the valve that was placed when he was 5. Pray for the surgeons, and that his body will be responsive
9) M needs courage to draw the appropriate boundaries in a relationship, or let a particular one go if that’s required
If you don’t have a request but want to participate, then will you join me in committing to pray for the requests that appear each week? Leave a prayer in the comments for any one specific request, leave a general prayer or anything else God prompts you to pray.
You can also link up and dedicate Mondays to prayer on your site, too. Grab the button and make Mondays a prayerful and purposeful start to your week. Link up below and let’s blow up the internet with prayer and praise reports.
Thank you for your dedication to opening your heart to others. God will speak to you as you pray for them…and you’ll experience radical transformation in the process. Of that I’m sure.